Thursday, December 12, 2013

The new/used kiln!!

I found an add on Craigslist for a used kiln. It happened it be half way between my mom and I and the right type and price. We met, picked up the kiln, had lunch and went home!
It's an Evenheat 1822 manufactured for Gare Kilns. It was the first model with the digital control panel introduced. I am still figuring that part out but it fires!


I ordered a furniture kit for my old 18" kiln and I happened to need the same size for the new kiln. Here I am unpacking the stilts for the shelves that sit inside the kiln. 


It's plugged in and ready to go!


Brought in a handy shelf to store all my firing supplies. 


We still have plans to update the wall behind and around the kiln with plywood and sheet metal for fire safety. That'll be sometime soon. But for now, this is a huge hurtle that I've cleared. On to firing now!!

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed the blog because you arranged every fact in a very beautiful manner which gives it a look of series in which topics are connected amazingly.

    evenheat kiln for sale

    ReplyDelete