Monday, November 11, 2013

Kiln Issues

Today I had a great friend, Lauren Rogers, over to the house. She has worked on kilns in the past and I figured I could use her expert advice to see if I could fire my kiln. I already knew the Low and Medium levels were not working but figured we could do some maintenance and see where it got us. When looking in the panel, we found a mess.



Turns out, I may need to re-wire the entire switch box. This is a pretty big setback. I am going to spend the next day or two pricing parts and equipment and deciding if it is worth fixing the older kiln or looking for a newer used kiln. 

This weekend I traveled to New Bern, NC and paid for a year's membership at the Farmer's Market. My sister Amanda and I will be selling our goods in the coming weeks. She makes handmade dog collars out of paracord. Check out a few she's made below.




In the mean times, I'll continue throwing new pots! I've got some pretty good orders for Christmas I'm working on. 


Come check us out November 23rd and 30th at the New Bern Farmer's Market!!

1 comment:

  1. really cool blog spot. I am happy to see that you have started this and look forward two additional postings. Thank you for Amanda's cameo appearance. JeffM

    ReplyDelete